Monday, June 12, 2017

At The End of The Rainbow

They say that one finds a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Indeed I found my gold but it wasn’t just a little pot. The gold I found is a huge land filled with trees, plants, fruits, animals, a turquoise river, amazing views of mountains and a volcano, and much more! That is why my wheels haven’t conquered new ground in quite some time (a year and a half to be exact). My last blog post was over a year ago. If it wasn’t for the surge in my blog’s popularity and all of the supporters who have been rising in numbers I would have considered my blog ‘dormant.’ Thank YOU for keeping my blog, my dreams, and inspirations alive.




Surprisingly Russians and Ukrainians have become some of my biggest supporters, спасибо! Дякую! Latin Americans have supported me my whole journey and still do on my blog and life in Costa Rica, Graçias! All the Russian and Ukrainian activity on my blog does motivate me to one day pedal through Eastern Europe and Eurasia in the future.. Although I had the intention of arriving at the community where I live since the beginning of my bicycle journey, The Rainbow Crystal Land, I did not foresee living here for as long as I have. Originally I set my sights on eventually cycling to Brazil. The Rainbow Crystal Land in Costa Rica was going to be an extended “half-way” point. It has turned out becoming a new home. Although it makes me happy to announce that my brother, Sunny, who was a part of this blog in the beginning, and who I pedaled most of Mexico with, did complete the original vision and he arrived in Brazil some time ago on his bicycle.



Why have I stayed so long at this Rainbow Crystal Land? Well, besides the natural beauties which I mentioned in the first paragraph, life has taken hold of me here. For a better idea of what is a RCL please visit: http://rainbowcrystalland.org. Basically RCL is a manifestation that sprung out of the “Rainbow” movement. Look up ‘Rainbow Gatherings’ on google and you’ll find more information on what I’m talking about. The “Rainbow Family” are the group of people who taught me how to sustainably travel on a bicycle. This is why my loyalty to this movement is unshakable. They showed me the ropes of everything I know on how to break free from Babylon with a few bucks and a bicycle. I told this story in much more detail here: “My Bike Travel History.” 



Nowadays I live on a land of over fifteen hectares which is a patch of preserved forrest within a quickly developing region in the southern mountains of Costa Rica. We do not have electricity nor much modern infrastructure. What we do have is a deep connection with nature. This is part of the reason why it has been so difficult for me to update this blog. I do have more video footage which I’d like to finally edit and post and that would show me arriving here over a year ago on my bike. My old computer went down, and I had to recuperate much of this footage which obviously slowed me down more. Aside from that I had a short relationship with a local ‘Tica’ girl last year and she got pregnant. Now I am the father of a 6 month old baby boy named Luca. I am currently fighting for the rights to see him. The mother and I have much different views on what constitutes righteous living and this has become another big hoop for me to jump through. The amount of work needed to manage a community, take care of so much land, and sustain myself here is quite a handful. Lastly, I must admit that I have not placed my “Pedal The Globe” blog on the top of my writing assignments. I have been writing a book which I plan to publish online for $1 or $2 and will document my break free from modern society on a bicycle in much more detail. I also have been writing for the blog of the community where I live. If you’d like to stay updated on my adventures at the community in Costa Rica please visit the blog of www.fincasylvatica.com


No comments:

Post a Comment